Shopping for cannabidiol (CBD) tincture can quickly become a daunting process because there are so many products to choose from, and there are so many manufacturers out there, all claiming to be the very best at what they do. Well, the truth is that some products are, indeed, inferior, while others are made using higher quality procedures and standards.
If you are going to buy a CBD tincture, you want to be absolutely sure that you are going to be purchasing and using one that is safe, potent, and pure. Knowing what to look for in a manufacturer can help you achieve that goal.
Below is a brief guide to help you get started, along with some recommendations on brands that have proven themselves to be worthy of your attention.
Top CBD Tincture Brands
Some of the best brands to turn to when shopping for pure CBD tincture are:
- Sensei CBD – This brand sells CBD isolate and full spectrum CBD tinctures made in the USA from organic hemp, and they’re available in various strengths. Its full spectrum products contain 0.03% THC, while its isolate products contain 0% THC. And the tinctures boast a tasty peppermint flavor.
- SabaiDee – This manufacturer creates cannabidiol products using hemp that is organically grown in the United States. Although it offers CBD cream, its tinctures are very popular. They come in several different potencies, and you can choose from flavored and unflavored options as well.
- NuLeaf Naturals – This company provides organic CBD oil tinctures, but they are only available in full spectrum form. They are available in various potencies, ranging from 240 mg to 4850 mg, and these products have been lab tested by a third party.
- Spruce CBD – The great thing about this brand is that its products are lab grade. You can find tinctures available in 750 mg or 2400 mg strengths, and they are full spectrum products.
But First, What Is CBD Tincture?
CBD tincture is one of the most popular and well-known ways to get your dose of cannabidiol. If you are not a fan of swallowing pills or capsules, if you don’t want to use a CBD cream that you would apply to your skin, and if you don’t want to take an edible like a gummy, this is a great way to go.
When used correctly, a tincture that contains high-quality CBD oil will allow your body to rapidly absorb the cannabidiol. And if you are using a full spectrum CBD oil rather than a CBD isolate, you will also be able to reap the benefits of other cannabinoids and compounds that are naturally found in the oil.
How to Use a CBD Tincture
Before you start shopping for the right tincture, it is a good idea to look into how to use this type of CBD product so that, once you do purchase one, you will be able to start taking advantage of its benefits without having to waste any time.
First off, a tincture that contains CBD oil is administered under your tongue. This is an area in your mouth where blood vessels are located, and that gives the cannabidiol a chance to get into your bloodstream right away.
All you have to do is put the tincture under your tongue and then hold it for about a minute or more before swallowing it. It is a great idea to take this after you have had a meal that contains healthy fats to help promote better absorption of the CBD throughout your body.
Alternatively, you could also take the product before heading to bed, especially if you are taking CBD to promote better sleep and to calm your mind and body.
Don’t Forget About Potency
As you shop, be sure to look closely at the strength of a CBD tincture that you are thinking about buying. Different products will provide different potencies, but if you are new to using cannabidiol, you might want to start with the lowest potency and slowly work your way up.
Note: The potency will be shown in milligrams (mg).
What Are Some of the Benefits of CBD Tincture?
CBD tincture is extremely popular because it is so easy to take, you can bring the bottle with you when you are on the go, and you can take it just about anywhere. Plus, it can provide fast results because of the way your body absorbs it.
Of course, when you use a tincture, you will be able to reap the many benefits of consuming cannabidiol. Those benefits include:
- A reduction in stress, depression, and anxiety
- A reduction in inflammation
- Pain relief
- Improvement of skin health
- Better quality sleep
- A reduction in seizures
- Improved blood pressure
Difference Between CBD Isolate and Full Spectrum CBD?
When you shop for a tincture, you will also come across products that are labeled as “full spectrum” and those that are labeled as “isolate”. What’s the difference?
Well, an isolate will only contain cannabidiol, which is CBD. It will be pure CBD, without any other cannabinoids or compounds that are naturally found in the hemp plant.
On the other hand, a full spectrum CBD tincture will contain other compounds and cannabinoids, in addition to cannabidiol.
Simple enough, right?
How Can You Find the Best Pure CBD Tincture?
There are a few things to look for when you are browsing the many manufacturers that are currently selling CBD tinctures online and in stores.
- You want to be sure that it will be legal to purchase a CBD product in your area, so read the label of a product carefully to determine that the THC content is below the legal limit.
- It’s best to purchase tinctures that are made using organic hemp that is free of herbicides, pesticides, and other contaminants. And you want to be sure that the hemp was grown in the Untied States as well.
- It is best to stick with extraction methods, like CO2, that do not involve the use of harsh solvents.
- Only purchase CBD products that have been third party tested. A third party lab should be able to confirm the claims that a manufacturer is making about its products’ purity, potency, and overall quality.
Pick up some CBD oil from 1 of the 4 brands at the top of the page and try it out for yourself!